Monday, April 6, 2020

CSI 318 - Jae Selfie...








A new Month - A new CSI Case File and I have to admit that when I saw the colour palette I instantly thought of skipping this challenge as these are NOT my preferred colours..!! I spent a few days talking to myself and finally realized that I was being a big baby. I was determined to give it a try. 

I knew I needed some inspiration so I went to one of my favourite scrapbookers Missy Whidden and studied some of her past layouts. She is absolutely brilliant and I sincerely hope she doesn't mind that I scraplifted a background idea of hers. It was just what I needed to created such a fun page from such a gloomy-doomy beginning..!!

I altered the photo to make it look more like a water colour painting and printed up those camera cats from a former CSI challenge. With my trusty gelatos, sewing machine and LOTS of Gesso, I was off to the races..!

EVIDENCE:

- Animals
- Glasses
- Camera
- Polaroid
- Texture Paste ( I substituted the paste with several layers of Gesso)
- Plastic ( Striped Hearts - Stars/Asterisks - Word Arrows )

TESTIMONY:

- I wrote on the background. As it states in my journalling, my granddaughter loves to take pictures and I can really see her creativity in this Selfie. It also shows a depth to her character that I truly admire, she is not only a cutie-patootie but she was recently on the Dean's Honour List at the University she attends.

Thanks for looking...
:)
Debbi...



2 comments :

  1. Debbi, I never would have guessed you struggled with this challenge. Look at your layout; it's fantastic. So much creativity went into it. I love the background work with those (I can't remember the name of them) picture wheels at the top, and that cool stitching at the bottom. Those cats add such a fun and whimsical touch to the page that you can't help but smile seeing them. The photo editing is quite interesting as well. Great job. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind Jacynthe..! I really did struggle with this page..mostly with the colour palette not being one I liked, other than for Halloween..but once I started with the background inspiration from Missy Wheddon, it really began to flow so much easier....Thank you for taking the time to comment, it always appreciated.. Stay safe..!! :)

      Delete