Monday, January 16, 2017
CSI and help solve #222..!! (and maybe win some prizes)
Lots of stamping, heat embossing, die cutting & fun photos..I just love how it turned out!!
- What a wonderful color palette for Winter..
- I placed this in a pocket on the back..
"I always get a kick out of the adventures the boys get into and on this particular winter day, it was all about spending it being a tourist in their own city.. visiting Rockefeller Centre, to see the Christmas Tree, watch the skaters, visit Santa and have some hot chocolate.. I am so glad they take all these photos and send them along to me..!!"
Sunday, January 1, 2017
Happy New Year to everyone.. it's my sincerest wish for a healthy and happy 2017 to each and everyone of you!
It's a New Year over at CSI and there's a brand new case to solve, along with a great sketch from Em Stafrace.... so come and join us for #221! (there are prizes, too!!)
- I loved the colour palette this week and it was perfect for this sweet picture of Jared
- Stamped Phrase
- Small dots
- Circles ( balloons)
- Enamel Dots
- Just a simple journal about Jared officially becoming a Teenager ...
Thursday, December 1, 2016
It's Case # 219 over at CSI and the color palette is just in time for those wonderful and traditional Christmas Hues..!! and as always another great sketch from Emma Stafrace... I altered mine a wee bit by realigning the bottom two photos to the side as my pics were more vertical than horizontal in their dimensions... Hope everyone is looking forward to a Happy and Peaceful Holiday....
- used ALL of those traditional colors
- holiday stuff
- metal - brads
- journaled about the boys decorating their Christmas Tree...
Saturday, November 12, 2016
- used all of the colours
- journal card
- journaled about Lorie and her BFF at Lorie's outdoor wedding on her farm
- I created a background matt for the photos by heat embossing with white embossing powder and a distress stamp by Tim Holtz then blending over it with "scattered straw" distress ink.
- Stamped and fussy cut the birds, flowers, clouds & labels so that I could get just the right colours..
- Created and cut the title with my Cricut Expression
- Outlined the matt with a grey fineliner pen by Recollections.. did a little stitching...added some candy buttons.. stamped the date..
- and that was pretty much it..!!
Saturday, November 5, 2016
CSI, I knew I had the perfect photo, of my grandson Liam and the perfect collection from Fancy Pants' "Be Different" collection... I was totally inspired by "The Scene"...What Fun!!
- used all these great colours
- Solid Cardstock
- Speech Bubbles
- Googly Eyes
- Punctuation Marks
- Complaint Letter
Thursday, November 3, 2016
This is my submission for Case #217 over at CSI at their new home http://csichallenge.blogspot.ca/
I had planned an entirely different layout until I received these great photos from my son D'Arcy this past weekend...LOL... it reminded me that we are ALL kids when it comes to Halloween..!!
- Used all of the colours
- Heat embossing, stamped and heat embossed the woodgrain background
- Fuzzy thing, floss threading for cat's bow and in the journaling tag
- metal, the eyelet in the journaling tag
- pocket, for the journaling
- I journaled about an Autumn event
I heat embossed the background woodgrain matt from a stamp I have by Market Street Stamps # MSS-BK-16
I fussy cut al of my images from an older collection - Witch Hazel by October Afternoon..
The title I created and cut with my Cricut Expression
I used my Tab Punch from We R Memory Keepers to top two of my photos
Stamped a sentiment on them with an older stamp set from Dear Lizzy - 5th and Frolic
The other shapes of leaves and the little acorn on the Title are from an older Sizzix die collection
Most of the colours came from my distress inks for this weeks beautiful fall palette..
and a BIG Thanks to Emma Stafrace... for such a great sketch to work from!!